All Things Food & Drink    

A Twenty-Four Year Old Bouncer at An Exclusive Saloon Get Excellent Training and Discovers Why Alcohol Overdose Symptoms and Signs are So Essential and How They Can Save A Person’s Life

Recently, Frank applied for a position as a bouncer at one of the local nightspots. He had studied aikido, karate, ninjitsu, gatka, and judo for five years; he was a body builder; he took daily minerals, supplements, and vitamins; he was into healthy eating and health foods; and he seemed well matched for such a job. If truth be told, since he was concerned about his health, he started drinking in moderation roughly two years ago because he didn’t want to experience any negative alcohol effects on the body.

When Frank received notification that he had been selected for the job, he was especially pleased. Due to the fact that this was a special disco, nonetheless, he had to go through a five week training class.

Drinkers At Nightclubs Who Drink In an Abusive Manner and Alcohol Overdose Signs and Symptoms

On the first day of class, the instructor started talking about individuals who drink in an excessive manner and exhibit problem drinking and what the bartenders, barmaids, and bouncers should do when this situation arises. When the lecturer started discussing alcohol poisoning, Frank was happy to learn that all of the new barmaids, bouncers, and bartenders had to learn about alcohol poisoning and what they should do when they observed a person who was displaying some of the symptoms of alcohol poisoning.

More explicitly, all the new employees were instructed that vomiting and nausea were almost without exception the first alcohol poisoning signs and that unconsciousness was perchance the most highly observable alcohol poisoning symptom or sign. The trainer also made it a point to underscore the fact that alcohol poisoning signs were signals from the brain and from the body that the person has ingested more alcohol than his or her body can process.

There were, nevertheless, quite a few other symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning that all the new barmaids, bouncers, and bartenders were trained to be aware of. For example, the students in the class discovered that drinkers with alcohol poisoning exhibit poor reflex responses, are difficult to awaken, often have seizures, and they exhibit confusion.

What is more, the class members learned that many individuals who suffer from alcohol poisoning also exhibit slurred speech; blue tinged or pale skin; slow, shallow or irregular breathing; and little response from painful stimuli, for instance from pinching.

In addition, drinkers who suffer from alcohol poisoning normally display erratic behavior, they usually feel very ill and exhibit excessive vomiting, exhibit an inability to make eye contact or sustain a conversation, and they often pass out.

A Trainer Explains Why Alcohol Poisoning is Not Inevitably Experienced Only by Alcoholics

The teacher then stated that an alcohol overdose is not inevitably experienced only by alcohol dependent people.

More directly, the lecturer informed the class members that most cases of alcohol poisoning were in all likelihood experienced by alcohol abusers and that a distinctive type of alcohol abuse called “binge drinking” was almost certainly the underlying precipitating factor in most situations involving alcohol poisoning. The instructor then defined binge drinking as follows: consuming four or more alcoholic beverages at one sitting for females and drinking five or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting for males.

To exemplify the effect that binge drinking has on alcohol poisoning, the teacher told the class members that a person who gets intoxicated once or twice on an annual basis, is by definition engaging in alcohol abuse, is probably not alcohol dependent, but is in all probability engaging in binge drinking. As stated by the teacher, engaging in binge drinking even once, unfortunately, can lead to alcohol poisoning that in some instances can be fatal.

The Instructor Clarifies Why Letting A Drinker With an Alcohol Overdose Sleep is Not An Acceptable Course of Action

One of the students in the class raised her hand and asked the trainer if it is a good idea to let a drinker with alcohol poisoning “sleep it off.” The trainer commented that letting an individual with alcohol poisoning go to sleep is specifically what should not be done because doing so places the drinker at risk since he or she is no longer being observed. Furthermore, letting the drinker sleep when she or he experiences alcohol poisoning is a misguided response because the individual may never awaken.

The teacher then explained to the members of the class that the most fitting response for alcohol poisoning is the following: if it is suspected that a drinker has alcohol poisoning, call 911 and ask for immediate medical assistance, even if the drinker is underage. By pursuing this plan of action, the drinker will get the prompt alcohol poisoning treatment he or she needs.

Summary

After learning about alcohol poisoning and particularly about the symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning, it may be noted, Frank felt that he had learned some essential information that might save a person’s life in the foreseeable future. Undeniably, Frank learned that knowledge of the frequently occurring alcohol poisoning signs and symptoms and knowing how to properly and quickly respond to such signs and symptoms (by promptly calling 911 and asking for urgent medical assistance) can help a person avoid a lethal alcohol overdose.


You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Comments are closed.